Invite a colony of up to 100 insect-eating bats into your yard with this beautiful version of our Single-Celled Bat House. This bark-covered bat house has been designed by bat researchers in order to promote occupancy rates. The interior chamber surfaces and long landing platform are fitted with polyethylene mesh to aid in maneuverability. Bat houses with only grooved wood inside do not adequately allow for baby bats to grip. The slanted roof and fully caulked sides offer warmer temperatures and prevent the bat house from rain and chill. This house may be mounted to a vertical surface with the predrilled hole on the top and bottom. *STAND IS NOT PART OF THE BAT HOUSE — FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY*
Why Buy an OBC designed Bat House:
- Made with the highest quality Western red cedar, poplar laminated to exterior plywood with weatherproof adhesive, which weathers well and retains heat
- The house is fully caulked and offers a longer design, which is a key factor in occupancy
- Thinner chambers and a predator guard give protection
- The inside is covered with a polyethylene mesh to aid in maneuverability and there is an extra long landing platform. Proper bat house design is a very important factor in occupancy
- Our bat houses have a greater than 80% occupancy rate, as compared to only 10% with some other designs
- This bat house is 100% made in the United States
- Each bat house comes with mounting instructions and information about bats
Single-celled bat houses are great for urban areas or houses with backyards. They make wonderful and unique gifts.
Dimensions: 24 in. tall, 14 in. wide, 4 in. deep
Weight: 10 lbs, Made in the U.S.A. Allow up to 2-3 weeks for delivery. These houses are made to-order by a single craftsman.