Now with Free Shipping, it’s even easier to invite a colony of up to 100 insect-eating bats into your yard with OBC’s own Single Chamber Bat House! This bat house has been specially designed by bat researchers to promote high occupancy rates. In fact, our bat houses have a greater than 80% occupancy rate, as compared to only 10% with some other designs.
Why Buy an OBC Bat House:
- All OBC bat houses are made with sustainably-sourced, quality cedar, which weathers well and retains heat
- The house is fully caulked to retain heat and keep moisture out
- Thinner chambers and a predator guard give protection
- The inside is covered with a polyethylene mesh to aid in maneuverability and help baby bats to grip
- An extra long landing platform for safety.
- A slanted roof for proper rain run-off
- Ventilation slot helps maintain good airflow
- Proceeds go back into conservation work
- Our bat houses are 100% made in the United States
- Each bat house comes with mounting instructions and information about bats
This house may be mounted to a vertical surface with the predrilled holes on the top. If you wish to drill extra holes on the bottom for additional security, feel free! *Please note: Mounting a bat house to a pole will require additional special hardware not included.*
Single chamber bat houses are great for urban areas or houses with backyards. They make wonderful and unique gifts.